If you’ve been ultra efficient and create a calculated Date Field that will display the month and year (e.g. Aug 2015) of a date column so that you can group something like News Articles in this way, you may have already discovered that grouping your list view using this new column displays the group header as blank. When you include the calculated field in your view, you see it has value BUT the won’t display in the group header.
I found a work around for this – simply edit your view and change the style to Basic Table. I also played around with default expansion of the groupings. This should now display your calc field group headings and display any items underneath.
After creating a SharePoint 2013 Wiki library, the quick launch navigation under Updated Pages reports “an error has occurred on the server.” When you click on the Updated Pages link it displays the error: Invalid index. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070585).
This error occurs when there is no index column in your Wiki list. To fix it, add a column for indexing:
Library Settings -> Index Columns: Create a new Index on the ‘Modified’ column.
There you have it. The problem should now be solved.
I was seeing this error when trying to check in a document after completing the required metadata in Word (via DIP). I found this post claiming the issue was due to the content type of the document containing a managed metadata field. Although that sounded far fetched, I ended up following the workaround instructions and adding a new managed metadata field directly to my library (Test with one term- test). I then deleted the field, and suddenly I could check my document in! Weird.
I also saw this error when I used the Specify default content feature of Document Sets – automatically creating a number of documents from templates, within a new set. I could not complete the metadata and check those documents in. When I turned off check in/out on the library, I could no longer get to the DIP properties in Word. The only way to set the document metadata was to use the edit form in SharePoint. I never got around this issue. If anyone has an ideas, please let me know.
Recently I set up Managed Navigation – navigation based on a Managed Metadata term set – in my Office 365 developer site. I came across a few problems so I’ll provide steps here that should help you circumnavigate those.
Using Publishing Navigation Settings
- Create new site collection or ensure you are dealing with a site collection that you have provisioned. This will overcome the strange issue reported here: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148/t/282769.aspx – “Sorry you don’t have access… (to update Navigation Settings.)”
- The publishing feature should be turned on so you can set global navigation via the Navigation settings, so either use the appropriate site template type or enable the publishing feature in your site collection.
- Under site administration settings, open the Term Store Management Tool and :
- Locate the Navigation term set under the site collection group
- Create new terms for each navigation link
- In the term’s Navigation tab select Simple Link or Header and then add the link address
- Go to Site Settings in site collection and click Navigation
- Choose Managed Navigation: The navigation items will be represented using a Managed Metadata term set and ensure your new term set is selected before saving the settings.
- Now you should see your managed navigation links displayed that the top of the page 🙂
Using Custom JS in master page to Create a Navigation Bar
Follow this blog post to generate reusable nav bar and embed into master page. In this scenario you don’t need the publishing feature and you create your own Navigation term set from scratch. I haven’t tried it yet but it looks pretty cool!